4.26.2011

things that are not okay.

Suddenly, everything else in my life seems unimportant.  Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing my old high school on May 10th in the morning around the same time that my brother will be getting out of his car.  I don't want to talk about how angry and worried and upset this has made me.  I don't want to talk about the advertisement that is floating around the internet for their protest.  It is hateful and bigoted and ignorant.  What I want to leave here is a simple (and I mean simple) reminder that we can be strong as a community, that we are strong as a community, that we can rise up in support of those we love and show that negative words cannot hurt us.

thank you, harris, for the link to the inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. That is horrible, Jen. I am so sorry. Those people are disgusting.

    ReplyDelete